South Oswald Road, Edinburgh
The property is located in the Grange Conservation Area and was originally constructed as a residential villa in the Scottish Baronial style in 1870. The
house was purchased by Barnardos in 1945 and has most recently been used as a school building.
The project involved the sympathetic alteration and extension of the existing historic villa to form 10 residential apartments which involved complex planning
negotiations and careful detailing to meet current building standards while preserving the character of the historic building.
The upgrade included internal refurbishment with improved thermal and acoustic properties, installation of new lifts, mechanical and electrical equipment
and complete upgrade of internal finishes and fittings.
The project was completed in January 2017.